How to Write an Exemplification Essay
There's nothing truly difficult when wanting to write an exemplification essay. Argumentative essays, like those who deal with exemplification, are a simpler and more appropriate way to prove a particular viewpoint. Get help with coursework writing service.
What Is an Exemplification Essay?
Above all, let's find out what is an exemplification essay. By definition, an exemplification essay is really a form of analytical or argumentative essay that utilizes examples to prove the writer's thesis statement. When composing analytical or argumentative essays, it's important to implement quotations, statistics, examples, and especially facts as bits of evidence. But in the case of an exemplification essay, the writer must exclusively focus on examples. Now let us see how to create an exemplification essay.
Exemplification Essay Outline Structure
Essays written for the purposes of an exemplification paper follow the original essay structure, consisting of an introduction, multiple body paragraphs, and a conclusion. Below is the standard layout you can use as a template when writing an exemplification essay.
- 1. Introduction
- a. Hook
- b. Thesis Statement
- 2. Body
- a. Point 1
- 1. First example
- 2. Second example
- b. Point 2
- 1. First example
- c. Point 3
- 1. First example
- 2. Second example
- 3. Third example
- 3. Conclusion
- a. Summarize each point's findings
- b. Concluding Statement
Referencing For Your Exemplification Essay
Every point must certanly be supported with a clear exemplification essay example, as anything worth addressing that's stated without reference will not be considered trustworthy by the reader.
Make sure you cite all references which can be included in the exemplification essay. If in-text citations are provided, it's critical which they too are referenced precisely. This is the simplest way to avoid plagiarism.
Use sentences and words made to transition. The paper mustn't only be an interesting read but also flow properly. Look at the user of the terms like "furthermore" and "for instance" between sections to produce logical and smooth transitions.
Check always the facts and figures presented. When referencing different sources, ensure that its not all fact is assumed. Ensure that you exclusively rely on credible sources whilst still being take additional steps to double-check the information every time.
Writing A Thesis For Your Exemplification Essay
Simply because that the whole paper uses strong thesis statement, it must be verified to ensure that it proves well. The thesis statement may be adapted to the findings if an unpredictable trend is observed within the body of the research, specially when composing the exemplification essay outline.
Body of an Exemplification Essay
Start with planning out the specific points that will serve to guide the thesis statement and organize them by a level of importance. When constructing the human body of the writing, it is a recommended practice to position the weakest statements or points first, then conclude with the stronger ones. Keep in mind that irrespective of how strong, every single claim must be backed by strong evidence with an example.
A variety of classifications of examples can be utilized in certain exemplification essay.
Combining any of these ought to be utilized to support points, yet the writer can also include brief examples to supplement a particular idea. Attempt to find as many examples as could be by later deciding that ought to remain because the key evidence.
Include relevant yet interesting examples. A writer should never include findings which can be boring, for if the investigation is predictable, the reader will be deterred from finishing the work. Finally, maintain the article body in a cohesive order, either logically or chronologically.
Conclusion of an Exemplification Essay
Examples in the exemplification essay must be interesting as they are relevant. To make the work feel complete, ensure that a conclusion satisfies the reader. The essay will not be given a good grade if its ending content is unfulfilling.
Exemplification Essay Topics
Consider the following examples of fresh essay topic ideas relating to what is an exemplification essay. A powerful paper can be written using the below general topics:
- Pre-school is critical for children to produce social skills.
- Studies of foreign languages must be embraced allowing children to produce global perspectives.
- Early education is key to a child's brain development.
- Social media marketing boosts kids' reading skills, literacy, and ability to write.
- Texting and its popularity have a horrific affect the average person's vocabulary.
- E-learning fails to provide students the chance to achieve the core goals of educational curriculums.
- Considering that the start of the 21st century, the emphasis on degree has been extremely exaggerated.
- Certification courses prove more effective than college degrees.
- Standardized testing must be banned throughout the nation by educational facilities.
- Personalization can enhance the performance of students.
- Does art therapy prove effective for those struggling with depression?
- Promotion of the arts will help develop multiethnic societies.
- The consequences of art can be used as a tool to foster communities and cultural diversity.
- Promotion of the arts enables greater job opportunities.
- In modern pop culture, is there truly cases of gender discrimination?
- Traveling aids in cultural education.
- Does the advertising promote nihilism amongst the youth?
- Should morality in artistic works be restricted by federal law?
- Do colleges and schools achieve the promotion of sports culture amongst students?
- Painting is incredibly effective in the encouragement of creativity and innovativeness.
- The problem regarding police brutality and its own widespread influence.
- The government should keep all types of art free from any censorship.
- Types of post-election violence when confronted with poor leadership decisions.
- The fake news media and its effects.
- Unethical politicians and their behaviors result from of weak laws on the media.
- The negative impact of democracy's emergence on the political administrations.
- Mandatory minimum sentencing and its effects on the prevention and reduction of crime.
- The federal government should change its policies related to immigration to allow more individuals into the country.
- There ought to be a federal, mandatory limit on how many corporations and individuals who lobby for political campaigns.
- Why drugs should be decriminalized.
- What exactly is the role of corporations and their responsibility for communities?
- Do you know the negative impacts of technology on modern social skills?
- Those that suffer from major social problems like hoarding should be necessary to receive professional treatment.
- Can the axioms of socialism work sufficiently in the 21st century?
- Social anxiety is just a byproduct of excessive internet and smartphone usage amongst people.
- Inequity in all its various forms represents the core reason for human revolutions.
- Kids should never face exposure to physical punishment.
- The significance of staying true to yourself to reach the highest reaches of success.
- Do the ambitions of parents help improve the performance of the children?
- Should modern toys be gender-neutral for kids?
- Facilities for education should ban the use of technology as they negatively impact the power of students to think in a critical way.
- The consequences of smartphone addiction.
- The dangers presented by self-driving vehicles.
- The reduction of moral values amongst teenagers could be the byproduct of Internet usage.
- How AI may result in human extinction and lead to global unemployment.
- Online dating services and applications boost rates of crimes such as kidnapping.
- Stronger laws must certanly be placed on the media so that you can reduce victimization and bullying.
- People's privacy is violated by security cameras.
- Widespread dishonesty in academia may be the direct consequence of technology's growth.
- Why the workforce is at harm from automation.
Grading Criteria for an Exemplification Essay
To genuinely answer the question of how to write an exemplification essay, it's critical to know the manner by which it is on average graded. The writing is usually assessed with key criteria that define the capability of the student not to only research the material but to produce valid evidence with examples and successfully integrate every thing together harmoniously in the essay.
Students must understand these criteria in order to discover how each work is evaluated. The below examples serve as a foundation this one needs to bear in mind for a top grade.
Could it be relevant and clear? Does it unify all the essay's subtopics which are presented? Could it be written within the subject matter's context alongside an introductory paragraph?
Quality of Examples
Would be the paper's provided examples all valid? Does the author effortlessly use examples to explain and clarify concepts that they give the reader?
Quantity of Examples
Are examples adequate within the claim's context?
Are examples, opinions, paragraphs, and ideas arranged in a coherent manner?
Is each of the transitions between the included paragraphs utilized in an effective manner to drive readers between topics, examples, and ideas?
Attention to detail
Exist enough details included in the essay? Do the examples have sufficient sufficiency to offer usefully? Does the argument of the writer accurately portray their side of the discussion?
Any kind of grammar or spelling errors? Is the essay appropriately structured?
Usage of Words
Does the writer make effective use of language to persuade readers? Does the vocabulary range of the writer convey their sophistication?
How to Write An Exemplification Essay: 10 Steps
The writing process is in an easier way when you have a proper plan. There are several steps that need to be followed when writing an exemplification essay.
Choose Your Exemplification Essay Topic
Choosing the proper theme for the work is half the battle. An interest should satisfy at least just one quality, including but not restricted to current, specific, useful, or unique.
These topics entice readers because of the fact that it offers an opportunity to allow them to get up-to-date, new, or unusual information from the written text. Topics shouldn't be limited to narrow or broad, as broad is too generalized to be of interest, and narrow does not allow for the inclusion of good examples.
Do Your Research
When there is no research performed with respect to the writer, there can be no material. Take into account that the more details is acquired, the better examples will be designed for use in the exemplification essay. Not only is it vital that you source, but it's also just as necessary to ensure that the foundation is of quality.
This implies never counting on easily accessible and editable web sites like Wikipedia, as they are completely unreliable. Exactly the same can be said for personal blogs. Consequently , the right options to use include reputable journals, scientific newspapers, and on line encyclopedias compiled by the most authoritative authors in respective industries
Use Examples as Appropriate
And also being interesting, exemplification essay examples should also possess some sort of application. For instance, when writing an exemplification essay about leaders and their personal qualities, observe the exemplory instance of Bill Gates.
Because the founder of Microsoft, that he worked so much he only allowed himself 14 days off through the years of 1978 to 1984. This hard-working life style is one which is most applicable to a leader.
Compose Your Outline
To produce the main idea and subtopics that will represent the body paragraphs encompassing your projects, it's important to organize your examples designed to fortify the thesis statement in an area order with proper transitions for your exemplification essay outline. Although there is absolutely no holy grail for the creation of an overview for your exemplification essay, it's recommended to check out the five paragraph structure. This includes an individual paragraph for the introduction, a single paragraph for the final outcome, and three paragraphs for the body.
Write Your Main Body Of The Exemplification Essay
Despite coming following the introduction, the human body should be the first part a writer should compose due to their exemplification essay. Every paragraph composing the key body includes an example, an interest sentence, and a proper transition. This creates a strong exemplification essay outline.
Write the introduction
A writer's introduction to their exemplification essay should serve three purposes, including interest, attraction, and preparation. The first sentence must instantly hook the reader. Draw the attention of readers with a rhetorical question, bold statement, or incredible statistics. The next step is to reveal background information surrounding this issue. In doing this, readers will feel confident when observing the following examples.
Create the Thesis Statement
Last but not least, construct an adequate thesis statement. This is made to reflect the complete exemplification essay's structure and really should directly relate with each of the examples included within. It must include the factual statement, observation, personal opinion, or perhaps a question with which the exemplification essay intends to answer.
When formulating the thesis, the writer must distinguish which sort of paper they wish to write. Longer papers such as IB extended essays require more in-depth thesis statements built to cover a better range of facts or arguments. Shorter essays are able to easily fit in one or more sentences.
It is extremely easy to dissect an essay just through the formulation of a thesis, because it is designed to provide direction when attempting to compose the outline. Always keep monitoring of sources and extract only the examples that are most relevant to work. It is definitely better to use more elaborate examples instead of ones that are less efficient. They have to all work in the writer's favor.
Develop a Conclusion
Good conclusions have a tendency to cover only 10% of the essay. Paraphrase the thesis statement to remind readers of what the whole story was about. Afterwards, briefly restate the sections as one last showcase of the examples. Then, compose the sentence that ties everything together. Construct it in such a way that there won't be a single question sitting in the minds of readers.
Proofreading and Editing Your Exemplification Essay
Find every weak section in the rough draft of the exemplification essay and read the whole text. Replace these, then edit out all the mechanical errors such as for instance grammar and spelling. If still perhaps not perfect, repeat the process until satisfied.
Others' opinions aren't always essential. However , when writing, it really is useful to receive feedback to raised organize the arguments presented.
Exemplification Essay Examples
Have you been still stuck? Have a look at our exemplification essay examples for more a few ideas.