How to write a literature review
Literature review definitions
Thus, a literature review can help writers to develop strong and quality ideas and theories.
- Highlight the importance of the main topic in a particular subject area.
- Demonstrate and explain the research background for a particular subject.
- Help find out the themes, principles, concepts, and researchers that exist in a topic.
- Helps reveal the relationship between existing ideas / studies on a topic.
- Reveal the main points of controversy and gaps in a topic.
- Suggest questions to encourage further research based on previous research.
- Exploring racism in ” To kill mockingbirds “,” The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn “, and ” Uncle Tom’s Cabin ”
- Isolationism in “The Catcher in the Rye”, “Frankenstein”, and ” 1984 ”
- Understanding the Moral Dilemma in “Crime and Punishment”, “The Scarlet Letter”, and “The Lifeboat”
- Power corruption in “Macbeth”, “all men kings”, and “animal farm”
- Emotional and physical survival in “Lord of the Flies”, “Hatchet” and “Congo”
How long does a literature review take?
You should also ensure that you use the proper methods for gathering and analyzing information. This will help you complete your literature review quickly and effectively.
Literature Review Formats: APA, MLA, and Chicago
- How many sources should you review and what sources should they be (published materials, journal articles, or websites)?
- What format should you use to cite sources?
- How long is the review?
- Should your review consist of a summary, synthesis or personal critique?
- Should your review include subheadings or background information for your sources?
- Use 1 inch page margins.
- Unless otherwise instructed, use double spacing throughout text.
- Make sure you choose a legible font. The preferred font for APA letters is Roman new times set to 12 point size.
- Include a header at the top of each page (in capital letters). The page header should be a shortened version of you Essay title and limited to 50 characters, including spacing and punctuation.
- Letakkan nomor halaman di sudut kanan atas setiap halaman.
- Saat membentuk garis tinjauan literatur Anda di APA, jangan lupa untuk memasukkan halaman judul. Halaman ini harus mencakup nama kertas, nama penulis, dan afiliasi institusional. Judul Anda harus diketik dengan huruf besar dan kecil dan dipusatkan di bagian atas halaman; Gunakan tidak lebih dari 12 kata dan hindari menggunakan singkatan dan kata-kata yang tidak berguna.
- Gunakan margin halaman 1 inci.
- Gandakan jarak Anda di seluruh kertas.
- Tetapkan indentasi Â½ inci untuk setiap paragraf baru.
- Font yang disukai untuk makalah MLA adalah kali baru Romawi diatur ke ukuran 12 poin.
- Sertakan header di bagian atas halaman pertama kertas Anda, atau pada halaman judul (perhatikan bahwa gaya MLA tidak mengharuskan Anda untuk memiliki halaman judul, tetapi Anda diizinkan untuk memutuskan untuk memasukkan satu). Header dalam format ini harus mencakup nama lengkap Anda; nama instruktur Anda; nama kelas, kursus, atau nomor bagian; dan tanggal jatuh tempo penugasan.
- Sertakan kepala yang mengalir di sudut kanan atas setiap halaman di kertas Anda. Tempatkan satu inci dari margin kanan halaman dan setengah inci dari margin atas. Hanya sertakan nama belakang Anda dan nomor halaman yang dipisahkan oleh spasi di kepala yang sedang berjalan. Jangan meletakkan singkatan p. sebelum nomor halaman.
- Atur margin halaman menjadi tidak kurang dari 1 inci.
- Gunakan spasi ganda di seluruh teks, kecuali ketika datang ke judul tabel, gambar teks, catatan, blockquotes, dan entri dalam bibliografi atau referensi.
- Jangan menempatkan ruang di antara paragraf.
- Pastikan Anda memilih font yang jelas dan mudah dibaca. Font yang disukai untuk surat-surat Chicago adalah Times New Roman dan Courier, diatur dengan ukuran tidak kurang dari 10 poin, tetapi lebih disukai hingga 12 poin.
- The cover page (title) should include your full name, class information, and date. Center the cover page and place it a third below the top of the page.
- Place the page number in the top right corner of every page, including the cover page.
Literature review structure
Once your website is ready, you can start the promotion process. This includes posting links to your website on various social media platforms, online forums and more. You can also use paid advertising to promote your website.
Technology and innovation are two different but related concepts. Technology is the use of tools, processes and methods to solve problems or achieve certain goals. Innovation is the process of creating something new or improving something that already exists. Innovation usually involves technology, but this is not always the case. Innovation can also be new ideas or new ways of doing things.
The conclusion from this data analysis is that our product sales have increased over the past three months. This shows that our marketing strategy has succeeded in helping to increase sales. However, there is still room for further improvement, and we must continue to make efforts to promote our products to a wider market.
Central setting is also used to describe the conflict between Atticus Finch and the people in the town of Maycomb, Alabama. Lee uses it to make the reader feel the tension brought about by the racism and discrimination that exists in the community.
7. Is there another way to analyze this topic? 8. How can this topic help us understand the world around us? 9. Are there any implications to consider when talking about this topic? 10. How does this topic relate to global issues?
Write an outline for a literature review
6. Printing and Sending Papers After finishing editing the paper, it was time to print and send it. Make sure that you have checked all the information included in the paper before printing it. If necessary, use colored paper or another type of paper to give your paper a more professional appearance. After that, you can submit your paper to relevant publishers or readers.
From the analysis above, it can be concluded that Indonesia’s consumption of crude oil in 2018 increased by 0.7% compared to 2017. This shows that domestic demand for crude oil in Indonesia has increased.
How to write a good literature review
Step 1: Identify topics
Step 2: Conduct research
Pro Tips: When you finally find a few valid publications, look through their bibliographies to find other relevant sources as well.
Step 3: Assess and prioritize resources
The sources used must be checked to ensure that the information presented is accurate and reliable. Some ways to do this are checking whether the source is from a trusted organization or individual, checking whether the information has been verified by a third party, and ensuring that the information presented is in accordance with known facts.
- Key insights;
A common format for book references is as follows: Author, A.A. (Year). Book Title: Subtitle (Edition-). Publisher Name. Example: Gardner, H. (2011). Frames of Mind: The Theory of Multiple Intelligences (3rd ed.). Basic Books.
Step 4: Identify relationships, key ideas, and gaps
Before your kids start surfing the internet, make sure they understand that rude or obnoxious behavior can have serious consequences. Tell them to always behave well and respect others when interacting online. Explain to them that if they see someone who is not behaving properly, they should avoid interacting with that person and report it to a parent or teacher. Tell your children to always speak in a friendly and polite language when interacting online. Remind them not to post inappropriate or offensive comments or pictures. Also, remind them not to give personal information about themselves to strangers without parental consent.
- main theme;
- Contradiction and debate;
- Influential studies or theories;
- Trends and patterns;
Step 5: Outline
When you write an essay, you have to make sure that every part of your essay relates to one another. This includes making sure that each paragraph relates to the main theme you are writing about. Also, be sure to use transitional sentences between paragraphs to help the reader follow your train of thought. This way, it will be easier for them to understand what you are trying to convey. In addition, it is important to use precise and clear language when writing essays. This will help readers easily understand what you are writing about and how it relates to the main theme of your essay. Also, be sure to include examples or evidence to support your arguments or opinions. This way, the reader can see how the ideas relate to one another and how they support the main findings of your essay.
1. “What Is a Reflection Paper?” ThoughtCo. https://www.thoughtco.com/what-is-a-reflection-paper-1857643 (Accessed 8 April 2021). 2. “How to Write a Reflection Paper: Examples and Format.” Penlighten. https://penlighten.com/how-to-write-a-reflection-paper (Accessed April 8, 2021). 3.“Reflective Writing.” Sydney University of Technology. https://www.uts.edu.au/current-students/support/helps/self-help-resources/reflective-writing (Accessed 8 April 2021).
Step 6: Switch to writing
Step 7: Adding the final touches
Pro Tips: Before moving on to proofreading and editing, be sure to set your literature review aside for a day or two. This will give you a chance to get your mind off of it and then be able to come back to proofreading with a new perspective. This tip will ensure that you don’t miss any gaps or mistakes that may be in your text.
When working on a literature review, the most important thing for writers to remember is to find the best source for their mop. This means that when doing your initial research you will have to select and sift through around 5-10 different options. The stronger a piece of literature exhibits a central point, the better the quality of the entire review will be.
Be sure to structure your review in the most effective way, whether chronologically, thematically, or methodologically. Understand exactly what you want to say, and source comparison structures accordingly.
Remember that each piece of literature will approach the mop from a different angle. As the author, be sure to present the contrasts in approach clearly and exclude general statements that offer no value.
Example of a literature review
The first step is to create a new project. To do this, click on the “Create Project” button in the top right corner of the page. You will then be prompted to enter a name for your project and select a template. Once you have done this, click “Create” to create your project. Once your project has been created, you can start adding tasks and assigning them to team members. To add a task, click on the “Add Task” button in the top right corner of the page. You will then be prompted to enter a title for your task and assign it to one or more team members. Once you have done this, click “Save” to save your task. You can also add subtasks by clicking on the “Add Subtask” button next to each task. This will allow you to break down larger tasks into smaller ones that can be assigned to different team members. When all of your tasks and subtasks are complete, you can mark them as such by clicking on the checkbox next to each one. Finally, once all of your tasks are completed, you can view an overview of how much progress has been made by clicking on the “Progress Overview” button in the top right corner of the page. This will show you how many tasks have been completed and how many remain unfinished.